King Island Flights
Discover the indulgence and beauty of King Island with our unique day flight experience. It represents an undisturbed past era, with very few traces of tourism evident. The air is fresh, the people are friendly, the produce is absolutely sensational! King Island beef, cheese, yoghurt, crayfish, are world renowned. We have regular Sunday flights for lunch at the Boomerang.
Check in commences at 10:00 am at our Silver Clipper VIP Lounge where light refreshments and Champagne are served prior to boarding. We board at 10:30 am for the 1 hour 10 minute flight, usually flown at low altitudes. The route takes us past the city skyline, over Port Phillip Bay, through the Heads and on to King Island. On arrival passengers are met by coach and transferred to ‘Boomerang By The Sea’, located near the main town of Currie. Their dining space is situated overlooking the Western coast, with 180 degree views of this astounding vista.
Lunch is buffet style, with an emphasis on local King Island fare. Seating can be arranged as desired, with the group or individually.
After lunch the coach will take you on a tour of the Currie area and to the King Island Cheese Factory where temptation awaits. We then return to the aircraft for a 4.00 pm departure.
Typical Buffet Style Menu:
- King Island Oysters Natural with our own seafood sauce
- Tasmanian Smoked Salmon with capers & lemon slices
- Prawns (If prawns are unavailable they will be replaced with calamari)
- Sweet Chilli Mussels
- Warm Roasted King Island Beef
- Scallop Potatoes
- Crispy Green Leafed Garden Salad
- Seasonal Vegetables
- Variety of freshly made desserts
- King Island selected cheese platter
- Coffee or Tea
- Return flight on Melbourne’s Gooney Bird (DC-3) to King Island
- Complimentary champagne in our lounge before departure, light refreshments in flight
- King Island buffet style lunch at “Boomerang By The Sea”.The only additional costs are the drinks consumed on King Island
$529.00 p/p all inclusive.
For Corporate Flight prices please contact Julie on 03 9379-9299
Experience the view from the cockpit of this classic airliner! Our DC-3 flights give you the special opportunity to ride in the Jump Seat with the pilots for either a take-off or landing. For just $75 you can treat yourself or a friend to an opportunity that won’t be forgotten.
Kind Island DC-3 Flight Dates
Click Here to download a brochure